Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tantrums! Ahhh!!

This past week has been quite the whirlwind for us!  Easton has been throwing lots of tantrums when he doesn't get his way.  Full out whipping head back, screaming and then banging his head on the floor, wall, or whatever he can find.  They seem to be getting better so we're hoping this stage passes SOON!  I think he was also going through a growth spurt this past week as well so I'm sure that contributed to it.  He has been eating so much, it's ridiculous!  But he is constantly on the go so it's no wonder he's so hungry.  Today he didn't eat as much so hopefully the growth spurt is over and that will ease some fussiness as well.  I think he gets so frustrated that he can't tell us what he wants.  Once he starts saying more than "dad" and "mom" I think that his vocabulary will just take off because he pretty much understands most of what we say to him.  What a smart little boy (maybe I'm just a bit biased) ;)  He's still going strong with not using bottles.  Going for day 7...I even packed them away (with the exception of 1...just in case...but I think we're in the clear now)!  He transitioned so much better than I imagined. 

Daycare is going a bit better these days.  They moved him and 3 other kiddos who are on the move into a separate room away from the little babies so they can move around a lot more.  The new room is much bigger and seems to suit Easton's needs much better.  So far, so good.

This past weekend we went to New Ulm on Saturday to see the Guth side of the family to celebrate my Grandma's birthday.  We were hoping for warm weather so we could play for awhile at the park but the weather didn't pull through for us.  We still played at the park but it was a bit cold.  But Easton needed some time to play after sitting in the car and then we were meeting the whole Guth family at a restaurant so he'd be sitting even more.  It was quite the challenge as he wanted nothing to do with sitting still at the restaurant.  It helped that we had our own room in the restaurant so he could move around quite a bit and he was able to play with his cousins.  While we were there Easton started choking on gold fish crackers...it was the scariest thing ever.  His face turned deep red and then probably 20 seconds later (seemed like forever to me) he finally puked. Thank goodness my Brother and other relatives in the medical field were there...ready to hop into action.  But now I'm super paranoid about everything he eats.  Other than that incident, It was great to see my Grandma and for her to see Easton and all the other family members! 

Here are some fun pictures of Easton...

Lately he likes to use his toys for everything but what they're intended for:

Sitting inside the barn

Turned the walker over so he could lay in it

Climbing into the shopping cart
ALWAYS hugging his animals:


Ready for school:



No comments: