Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring break

I am on spring break this week for work and it has been great!  Lots of quality time spent with Easton and the weather is finally getting nicer which means many trips to the park!  We were all going a little stir-crazy being cooped up inside from such a long winter!  We also had a fun trip to the zoo with Auntie Mandy and Stella and Gretta!  So fun that we get to do fun outings with his cousins - especially now that Easton is at an age where he can play with them and talk with them.  We'll having to plan many more of these fun trips when I am off of work this summer (can't wait for that!!!!!).  My original plan was to use this week for potty training but I quickly decided on Monday that wasn't going to happen.  For 2 reasons: 1) he's on an anti-biotic so his stools are not normal which makes it all that more interesting than it already is and 2) it's my spring break and spending it potty training didn't seem like that much fun for either of us.  We had things to do and people to see and there was no time for potty accidents!  We'll go full-steam ahead when I'm off of work for summer break.  He does a great job at going potty - we just need to get to a point where he tells us he needs to go instead of us always asking him.

He is just a non-stop talker these days and there's just so much to say that he never stops talking! (unless of course he's being shy...but he's usually quick to warm up).  My favorite is when Jake was putting him to bed the other night and all I heard was Easton yelling over and over again, "I'm a man, I'm a man.."  So funny!  He also likes to boss the pets around - which is nice because it gives Jake and I a break from it ;)  Ahh who am I kidding?  He likes to boss us around too... and it works :)  He uses his manners with please and thank you so he gets away with it. 

We had a busy Easter weekend - going to my parents on Saturday and Jake's on Sunday.  All together Easton had 4 egg hunts and he loved it!  We also got to see some of my relatives from out East that we haven't seen in almost 2 years so that was nice too.  Jake gets to go to Vegas for work on Saturday for a week - lucky guy.  More quality time for me and E but we will sure miss him.



Likes to dress himself lately.  No pants, Dad's winter hat, Mom's purse.

kisses

Everyone wanted on my lap



Easton  wanted to teeter-totter with Charlie


No comments: