Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Time to embarass Mom and Dad

Easton is pretty hysterical these days.  I know, I know, I always am talking about how funny he is.  It just keeps getting better and better the more he talks though.  A few funny comments lately have been:

1. We were out for a walk yesterday and a Man with his dog came up to talk to us.  This Man had no shirt on and was asking us questions about Charlie because he has been thinking about getting a beagle.  Easton says to him, "put clothes on."  He said this about 3 times.  I was pretty embarrassed but it was also pretty funny!  If you've been around Easton lately, you know that he loves to tell you to put socks on, take your shoes off, take your coat off, put your coat on...etc... so he was pretty mortified that this guy was walking around outside with his shirt off!

2.  Easton has been patting Charlie on the back and saying, "good boy Charlie" and lately whenever I hold him he'll pat me on the back and say, "good boy, Mamma."  I try to tell him I'm a girl but of course that makes no sense to him so he continues with, "good boy, Momma."

3.  He also likes to tell us when we do a good job.  Yesterday I buckled him into his car seat and I got a, "good job Mom" and when I put his shoes on I got another "good job Mom."  If this teaches me anything, it's that he's listening to us and to continue with positive reinforcement!  Plus it's pretty cute to hear him tell us we're doing a good job. 

He's also really into band-aids lately.  He calls them "bay-bands."  So, every day he has an 'ouchie' and needs a "bay-band." 

He has been doing really great going potty lately too.  In addition to giving him a Dora treat (fruit snack) whenever he goes we also started a Dora potty chart on Saturday (can you tell he's obsessed with Dora?).  This chart seems to be working great.  He gets to put a Dora sticker on the chart every time he goes.  He's started telling us more and more when he has to go on the potty and he almost always will go when we put him on there.

The picture below was sent to me by Mary and made Jake and I laugh pretty hard.  As I mentioned above, Easton is pretty obsessed with Dora and is always yelling out the answers to her questions during the shows.  So I'm sure he thinks this some days! ;) 

 

No comments: