Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Summer break



It has officially begun for this family!  I am done with work until August 3rd.  Woohoo!  Now, let's get one thing straight.  My job that I get paid to do is a piece of cake compared to staying home and raising my 2 on-the-go kiddos!  However, which one do I like more?  That's obvious.  While it's called summer break, there is nothing about it that includes a break for this Mama.  But that's okay - I'll never get these days back... gotta live it up while I can.  Working part-time this past year was the best decision I've ever made.  Being able to spend so much more time with both kids was such a huge blessing as Easton will be off to school soon and will be going to college before we know it and since Raya is our last baby (hand me a tissue) it was wonderful to be able to take in her first year so much more.  A big thanks to the Grandparents for all their help and driving all this way to watch my babes when I did have to work... it wouldn't have been possible without you.  (Cue the music)  Starting in August I'll be back 4 full days so I'll still be one with them 1 day which will be so nice :)

Easton told me the other day that he doesn't want to leave this house when he's older.  He wants to stay here forever.  Then he asked when Dad is going to move to a new house because he's a grown-up. Oh boy!  Right now I would love if he'd stay here forever... I have a feeling when the teenage years roll around I may be thinking differently ;)

 
I took him to the dentist for the first time this week.  He did great!  Was scared when we got there but the lady was so nice and explained everything to him and he loved it I think.  They took xrays and it looks like his permanent bottom teeth will be pushing through by the time he's 5.

He has finished up this session of T-Ball. We might do another one the 2nd half of summer - we'll have to see how busy we are.  He's going to continue with swimming until he can swim good by himself.  I think we'll start going 2x a week to speed up this process.  He can swim great - he just panics when he needs to swim alone.  

This child of mine is growing up way to fast.  The things he says and comes up with makes us laugh so hard.  

Oh and he still thinks May-Day Man hangs out at our house.  1 point for Mom! (more like a bazillion points... he will do anything for May-Day Man)!  ha!
Cards and bonfire with Gpa Tom a few weeks ago


1st dentist visit 

Selfies 


T-Ball team photo



Raya giving the stink face for brother stealing her spot

scooping a butterfly out of the pool


Trying out the balance bike

soooo cold 

His "im up  to something" face 

And again...

Boys...


"What's brother doing?"

I don't think he's going to be a gymnast 


doing his "work"

Easton drew this flower but the sun was too bright to look at the camera

No comments: