Monday, June 8, 2015

smarty pants







Going to take this moment to be "that Mom" and brag about my kid :)   

Easton had his Kindergarten screening last week.  He doesn't start Kind. for another year but I wanted to get it done now so we're all set.  Are you ready for this?  He scored a PERFECT score.  The lady said she's never had this happen before.  Then she said well, maybe years ago!  Super proud Mom over here.  He scored a 36 and she said that by his age they want them to score around 20.  It was so fun to sit in the background and watch him listen so intently to what they asked of him and followed directions and answer every question correctly (now how do we get him to do this at home?)!  There was one point where they had him build this thing out of blocks... he had to copy what the instructor did.  I was sitting back thinking, "that's tough, there's no way he can do that.  I don't even think I could do that."  Then next thing I know... he built it better than the teacher.  Holy Moly.. who is this kid?  I knew he was smart and loves to learn but he really impressed me this day.  On the way home I told him that I was so proud of him I almost cried.  And he said, "Mom, am I going to cry because you're so smart?" haha  

Grandma Cathy also started teaching him math facts last week.  No surprise that he caught on instantly.  He knows his addition 0 and 1 facts like it's nothing.  

We took Easton to his first Twins game over the weekend.  Since he loves to play baseball we thought this would be so much fun for him.  We had a great day for it.... it did get super hot though!  He liked it... didn't love it.  I don't think it's fast paced enough for him to watch an entire baseball game.  After a couple innings he just kept asking, "can we go home now so I can play with Mary?" :)  

I have so much to catch up on in this blog.  I still need to order blog books for both kids from this past year but I need to add more to their birthday posts.  There's just never enough time!  I need a full day to catch up on this and organize the millions of pictures I have in this house.  Some day...  






Raya was not excited about this 

Hello there Jake Jr. 

haha he walked all over the yard like this

My little loves



Road racer 




Dad got a new mower... can't believe he still follows him around while he mows.... going on 3 years now! 

No comments: