Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Year In Review


Easton's 1 year appointment went fantastic!  He is developing great physically, mentally and behaviorally.  He's in the 80% for height, 60% for weight, and his head is still off the charts!  

I love comparing his monthly pictures to see how he changed each month!  It's still so hard to believe he's already one!  Time sure flies as a parent.

Easton has entered into a new stage of: "I'm going to see how much I can get away with and when I don't get my way I am going to throw a huge temper tantrum to see if they change their minds."  He is well aware that he's not supposed to touch or climb on the fire place and that he's not supposed to touch the dogs food/water dish.  Although, he has decided to test us once again.  He will look at us and then do what he's not supposed to and flash a HUGE smile when we say "no" and then as he's looking at us he will slowly do it all over again.  When we remove him from the situation, it's a full on tantrum.  We're trying our best to "stick to our guns" and not give in so we don't reinforce this behavior.  Hopefully this stage will pass soon.  :) 

Recently he has learned how to turn on the cd player and play his music.  Jake will ask him if he wants to go in the 'man room' and Easton will immediately walk over to that door, knock on it and go in and turn his music on and start dancing and throwing baseballs at things.  Kinda dangerous as he has one heck of an arm!  I'm probably going to have to replace the baseball with a nerf ball. 

He hasn't learned any new words lately but is constantly babbling - so I'm sure in the next few months he'll say a few more! 

We bought him a swing set a few weeks ago because he had so much fun when we'd go to the park  but of course want's nothing to do with it when it's in his own backyard! :)  I'm sure this will change as he gets a bit older.  Plus there's so much other stuff to discover in our yard - who wants to be stuck in a swing?

Well, this is my last entry before I turn this into a book.  I'm glad I decided to do this as I think it will be fun for us and Easton to look back at the pictures and read about his first year!  Hopefully I can keep this up and document the first couple years of his life! 

We love you, Easton! 

No comments: