Monday, May 28, 2012

Life lately

Most of our time lately is spent playing outside and when we're inside it's guaranteed we're watching and singing along to Raffi or reading books.  He also has a facination about tunnels lately and will crawl under everything...including our picnic table, patio furniture, kitchen stools...anything he thinks he might be able to squeeze himself under.  So, we've been building forts in our basement that he can crawl through - he loves it!  It's amazing how much his attention span has improved over the past month.  He will sit and watch and listen to raffi for a good 15 minutes straight...that would have been unheard of a month ago.  He will do the same with looking at books too.  It's so fun to watch all these changes.

3 weeks ago we decided to have Easton go on a dairy free diet and switch to drinking rice milk.  When he started on whole milk I noticed a big eczema patch on his tummy and over the past 3 months it got so bad that the eczema covered his stomach and back.  Ever since we started whole milk I just didn't feel right about it and the weird reactions he was having so I thought I would do an expirement and just cut dairy out of his diet.  Well, 3 weeks later his eczema is 99% gone!  I think he might just have a sensitivity to it now and that we'll try it again in a few months to see if he's out-grown it.  We'll also see what his doctor has to say about it at his 15 month check-up in a few weeks.  But, I think it's safe to say we'll stay on this diet for awhile.  Which hasn't been easy finding recipes that don't have dairy in it but we're making do.  We also have to bring lunches to daycare because almost all of their lunches have dairy - so it's been a lot of work - but definitely worth it!

We went to Crystal Lake Beach this past weekend.  It's only about 5 minutes from our house and it's very kid friendly.  They have a huge sandy beach with water and sand toys, a huge swimming area blocked off in the lake, playground and lots of picnic tables.  I think we'll be going there a lot this summer! 


Charlie wanted to try out the pool


Building forts with Dad

Checking out the tunnel

Loving it!

Grilling with Dad

haha what a mess!

Crystal Lake Beach!

He had fun burying his leg in the sand



No comments: