Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mixed feelings

The good news is I didn't have to start my new job until yesterday... as opposed to starting last Wednesday.  However, it made going back to work all that more difficult.  I was able to spend some much needed and very fun days off with Easton.  But boy do I miss him so much when I'm at work now.  :(  I will get used to it again but I sure was spoiled for 2 weeks.  And it'll be nice with my new job to have off a lot during the school year and 2 months during the summer.  Can't beat that!  I think I am going to really like my new job.

Easton's latest adventures have involved lots of animals!  On one of my days off we went to the Minnesota Zoo with Grandma Cathy.  Most of the animals were out so it was so much fun.  He loved the bears.  I have pictures but I'll have to post them later as I can't figure it out on my Mom's computer that we're borrowing.  Then a petting zoo went to daycare the very next day so he had a great time with those animals and then on Sunday Jake and I took him to the como zoo which was very cool and he loved that too!  We also had the "Guth Birthday Battle" over the weekend.  We were having a belated birthday celebration for my Dad (since my mom was down for the count during his actual birthday).  Of course, it was a theme party!  We were decked out in camo and split into 2 teams and had "wars" against each other.  Again, pictures will be posted later!  We all had a great time!

Easton may also be getting his 2 year molars in already!  He's been an early bloomer with this teeth all along but I feel like this would be REALLY early.  But he's had a low grade fever for the past week and occasionally chewing on his fingers.  I'll give it a few days and then bring him in to see what the doctors think.  He continues to be so hilarious and Jake and I are always getting a good laugh from him.   He must get that great personality from his Mother.  ;) (I don't think Jake ever reads this so I feel pretty safe writing that!) ha!

Well, more updates and pictures later!  (working mom life is exhausting... )

No comments: