Easton has been super fussy lately. We're not sure if it's because he's embarking on this new adventure and lack of routine with us and he's not used to it or if he's just not feeling well. I brought him to the doc. 2 weeks ago for having a low grade fever for like 2 weeks but they couldn't find anything wrong. Recently he's just been throwing HUGE tantrums. I brought him back to the doctor today and they think he just has an early case of the "terrible twos" Oh boy, we better hunker down and brace ourselves for this one! Hopefully it passes soon. He's very strong-willed...it'll just take some time to learn that he can't always get his way. That's a tough one for some adults - so I don't blame him for taking some time learning this one ;)
His favorite thing these days are trucks. He has to read his truck book before bed and it's the first thing he says when he wakes up. It's pretty darn cute. He is also always riding his toy truck around the house and many times when I pick him up from daycare he's riding a truck. He's also getting really good at putting puzzles together and learning his colors and shapes. He can put his shape and animal puzzles together like a pro and has mastered his shape/color sorter.
He continues to suprise us everyday with new things he says or does. Just the other day as I was singing, "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" with him he just busted out all of the actions! So, of course I had to sing the song like 10 more times because I was so impressed that he could do all the actions...bedtime was a little delayed this night :)
When I picked him up from daycare last week they said they are so impressed with how smart he is...and how much he's a hands-on learner. They'll show him something once and he can do it right away. This day specifically they showed him how to pull up and down his pants....they said they were so proud of how easy he picked up on it but then said they quickly realized this may have been a mistake because he continued to pull his pants down all day long. haha. This day they also said it was the first day he didn't cry and yell for food. haha... yes when he's hungry - he must eat NOW! :) I think he's also mastered sleeping on the cots. He usually naps for about 2-3 hours at daycare on the cot. It amazes me what kids will do at daycare. He even sits in a circle with his friends when they're learning new things or reading books. When I see him do this I'm in shock...he would NEVER do that at home. He's constantly on the go-go-go! But I'm pretty happy with his new toddler room. They really are teaching him a lot!
His favorite word is, "truck." He's very inquisitive too and his a favorite phrase is, "what's that?"
Easton's vocabulary as of late: (although it may be difficult for others to decipher what he's saying at times)
- Dad - everyone is called Dad
- Mama
- Yeah (not yes)
- Thanks --- this is SO cute. He always says it when we give him something!
- See ya --- whenever he leaves or anyones else leaves; he always waves, blows a kiss and says "see ya"
- Truck
- What's that
- Ball
- Bubbles
- Easton - he's only said his name once... but I'm still going to count it
- Bear - our neighbors dog
- Grandma - I've heard it a few times if we ask him to say it
- Hot
- Swing
- Bird - everything that flys in the sky is called a bird - particularly airplanes :)
- Sand
- Sit
- Wow
- Bath
- Sing
- Animal sounds: quack, woof-woof, raaarrr
![]() |
| Puzzle master |

No comments:
Post a Comment