Wednesday, September 12, 2012

18 months

Easton turned 18 months this week!  In just the past couple of weeks he's "grown - up" so much.  I just love watching him learn new things.  This is the prime age for development and he's learning things at an extremely fast paced.  Some days I swear he's 3!  Every day is a new word or phrase and/or he learns how to do something new.  Today he went pee on the potty for the first time ever!!!!  He's been showing an interest in it lately so we put him on the potty before bath time and today he showed a little more interest than usual and he actually went on the potty!  I couldn't believe it.  I know he's far, far from being potty trained but ya gotta start somewhere.  I'm not going to push this or anything because I know it's better to wait to start boys until around 2 but we'll casually keep his curiosity.

We haven't had E's 18 month well-check yet.  His Doctor was unfortunately in an accident so we had to reschedule with another doctor.  So, it'll be a few weeks to see where he stands in the percentiles!  He's saying way too many words these days to document them all.  His favorite things to say continue to be "truck" and "what's that"  but he's also added a few new favorites he loves to say all day long:  "put it back"  and "shut."  He always has to put things back in their place and shut doors.  This is great for me as it helps keep the toys picked up after he's played with them. 

I've been horrible at keeping this updated lately.  My new job is a completely new routine and I just haven't had the time and/or energy to really update much.  Plus we need a new computer (hopefully Jake reads this and will get on that!) :)

We went to brainerd over labor day weekend for a little get-a-way.  We had a great time.  We stayed at a hotel with an indoor water park and Easton loved it!  We also went to Paul Bunyanland and Easton did NOT love it.  The huge paul bunyan guy scared the crap out of him when he started talking and waving.  Easton doesn't quite understand "make believe" yet and so this was very scary.  But he did really enjoy riding the train.  Overall, it was a great weekend and much needed after a stressful couple of weeks with starting new jobs.

Wow this is a long post.  I'll stop and post a bunch of pictures now.  Hopefully it won't be so long until the next update.  In the meantime, we'll be spending our time at the park, reading truck books and just enjoying our time together! 

Yummm --- had to get every last drop of applesauce

Learning his animals while Mom makes dinner

love this picture of my boys -- melts my heart

Paul bunyanland... again, not a fan.

Merry-go-round with Mom


Such a stud

Watching the fire muster parade and of course waving at the trucks

Paul Bunyan is scary!!

loves to climb UP the slide

swimming with his cousins after Grandpa and Jake's softball games in Lakeville

Loved the choo-choo train

No comments: