It's been awhile since I've last posted. We are just so dang busy I never get a chance to do this anymore - and if I do get a chance I'm usually too wiped out to do anything. With that being said, my new job is keeping me EXTREMELY busy! And on top of that we have an EXTREMELY busy and strong-willed boy that keeps us on our toes at home. Easton has been sick with croup for the last 5 days. Poor lil guy was waking up at night having a difficult time breathing and has a bad cold but he didn't lose an ounce of energy! This past weekend we laid-low at home so he could rest up and get better. It was nice for us to be home for an entire weekend and get stuff done around the house/yard and enjoy the weekend without being rushed. He continues to surprise us each day with a new word and he loves to do whatever we're doing...which makes it difficult to get much done! His new favorite book is, "goodnight moon" but he still has a strong love for his "truck book." He has also started sleeping with a blanket. We've tried this numerous times but he has never liked it. The last time we tried it I woke up to him saying, "put it back" and I went in his room and he was holding the blanket out of his crib, so we gave up. But now he's given in and is sleeping just fine with it. Makes me feel better since the cold weather is starting to creep up on us. Easton is loving daycare lately...sometimes he even cries when it's time to go home (usually this only happens if they're playing outside)! We've also discovered that Easton is lactose intolerant. We did an allergy test a few months ago but nothing showed up on it. However, his stools have never been normal and over the past month they were progressively getting worse and worse. So, I decided to have him go off of dairy again and VOILA, it was the magic bullet! We saw an instant change so I'm so glad I decided to give this a try because the doctor we saw about this just told me, "that's how some kids are." I wasn't convinced... especially since his butt was so sore. During this time he also learned the word, "butt" it was pretty hilarious! The only downside is now I need to bring his meals to daycare which adds a lot of work to my days but knowing he's healthier is def. worth it!
I'll post again after Halloween. We're really curious to see how he does. We have yet to convince him to try on any costumes we have for him - he's so afraid. We'll see what happens! Maybe when he sees his Cousins in a costume he'll change his mind (or just get more afraid)! Stay tuned...
 |
| Enjoying our (almost) daily walk in the park behind our house |
|
 |
| Hiding behind the couch with Charlie |
 |
| Easton's famous phrase, "put it back." He says it all the time (mostly if we try and give him something he doesn't want)! :) |
 |
| Chased the kitty under the bed...then got stuck! |
 |
| Sitting next to the beautiful pumpkin he painted |
 |
| Painting pumpkins with his buddy, Bryce |
 |
| He was really good about sorting the seeds so Dad could roast them |
 |
| yummmm |
 |
| Making sure he got it all |
 |
| lots of concentration |
 |
| He loved it---and was really good at cleaning all the gunk out! |
 |
| His very own vacuum! He LOVES it and it actually sucks stuff up...win, win for all! |
 |
| iPad...his new obsession. He gets so excited and runs around yelling, "ipad, ipad, ipad!" |
 |
| This particualar App he calls, "ooo ooo ahh ahh" because a monkey drives the train! So cute! |
 |
| His toy mower no longer did it for him...he HAD to help Dad mow. They moved at a snails pace and Dad held him tight but Easton was happy! :) |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment