Sunday, November 18, 2012

Where Oh Where Does the Time Go?

I can't believe how fast the days and weeks fly by and that it's already been 3 weeks since Halloween! 

To our suprise, Easton LOVED Halloween.  Once we got to Jake and Mandy's and he saw his cousins in their costumes he immediately put his cowboy outfit on and was ready to head out trick or treating.  He did great going up to each house and grabbing his candy (Jake and I loved this because we don't let him eat Candy yet -- we we enjoyed it all)!  He had so much fun with his cousins -- but he did have a hard time keeping up with his short little legs so we headed back to the house early and he loved passing out candy with Uncle Jake.  They have a great neighborhood to trick-or-treat in so we think we'll invade their house every year for Halloween! 

Well, we've been super busy - but what else is new?  In addition to our usual crazy busy schedule, I was in Portland for 4 days last week for a work conference.  I had a great time but it was so tough to be gone for that long.  Jake and Easton picked me up from the airport last Saturday night and Jake jumped out to put my luggage in the back of the truck and I then hopped in the back seat to hug and kiss Easton -- only to first be greeted by Charlie AND Milly! haha!  Jake said the ENTIRE family wanted to see me and pick me up at the airport.  So, that was super funny and I was so happy to be home.  Now it's Jake's turn to be gone for 4 days.  He is currently in Wisconsin deer hunting with some college friends.  So far, he hasn't gotten a deer (which is totally fine by me...he got one last year and we STILL have deer meat...which isn't that tastey).  We'll see, maybe he'll get one in the next 2 days. 

Easton has been sick for about 3 weeks.  It all started with croup and it's just sticking around.  We've been back to the doctor but he said we'll just have to let it run its course.  But, now I think he's also developed an ear infection.  We'll see how he does the next few days. 

I know I say this a lot... but Easton is hilarious.  Every night before bed or before naptime he has to go around and say "see ya" to everyone or everything he knows.  It usually goes like this, "see ya dog", "see ya meow" (he calls Milly, "meow"...its so funny), "see ya door", "see ya elmo",  "see ya mama", "see ya dad"  You get the picture.  I also die laughing when he yells at the cat if she jumps on the counter, "down meow down meow!!"   He has also gotten really good at hiding things.  I thought I was losing my mind but I think I've figured out why things are disappearing.  We got back from Target today and I put the bags down by the door and I went to put things away later and I couldn't find Easton's new toothbrush in the bag so I asked him, (not expecting a response) "Easton where is your new toothbrush?"  He then points to the bench in our entryway and says, "down."  So I put him down and he lays on the ground and pulls out his new toothbrush from under the bench!  OH! I guess I need to ask him where his hat and mittens are and maybe my keys!  I also found his pillow case and blanket in one of my dresser drawers when I opened it today.  He likes to help around the house and do everything that Jake and  I do which involves putting clean clothes away, emptying the dishwasher vacuuming etc.. etc... so I can't complain, I guess I'll just have to search for things a lot harder now. 

Easton has gone potty on the big boy potty 4 out of the last 5 nights! yahoo!  This is the only time we even try to do this.  Slow and steady...I figure we'll go full speed ahead with potty training this summer when I have time off of work.  Potty time is when we also discovered he knows, "elmo."  One of his potty chairs has elmo on it and when he saw it for the first time he yelled, "elmo!!!"  we had no idea he knew who elmo was.  So, now in addtion to his truck movie we also watch elmo.  This of course happens in short spurts, as his attention span is as short as his dad. haha.  (just checking to see if Jake will read this). 

Here's a few pictures. It wouldn't be right if we didn't have a busy Thanksgiving week ahead of us - so hopefully I'll get back to this thing before Christmas rolls around! 

Auntie Mary, Uncle Jake, Auntie Mandy, Easton and Cousin Stella
 
The cowboy with his horse and Aunt Mary
Aunt Mandy as a witch on a bike with a beer!  This neighborhood does it right! :)

Getting candy from Uncle Jake


He knows how to use the ipad better than me!!







 

No comments: