Thursday, August 22, 2013

Where do I even begin...

It's been a long time since I updated ... life has been busy... as it is with any summer!  I have been back at work for awhile now and it has definitely been tough to adjust.  Not just for me, but for Easton too.  Every morning he still asks to stay home with Mom and has chased me down the driveway crying and asking for, "one more hug."  Breaks my heart that I can't stay and play with him all day long.  The other morning he really didn't want to go to school and was crying and asking me to stay home with him.  After I was able to calm him down and explain to him that I had to go to work and he has to go to school, I continued on with the dishes... after a few minutes I hear Easton say, "Mom will get you soon, she loves you sooooooo much!"  Whoa!  Talk about melting my heart and a huge feeling of mother's guilt all at once.  I say that to him every morning before we leave.  I never realized how that he internalized it.  It just goes to show how much kids really do hear what you say - whether it's negative or positive.  How terrible for the little ones who always hear, "you're naughty, you're bad at this, you'll never go anywhere in life... etc.. etc..."  He really does love school though.  I think the adjustment of not receiving 1:1 attention all day long is what is really making it difficult for him.  If I am ever talking to anyone else this is what I hear 3 feet below me, "mom, mommy, mom, maaaa, mom, moooooom, katy, mom, kaaaty!"  Reminds me of this clip:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4QF3we8

Easton has really grown up this summer.  I tell people he's 2 1/2 going on 12.  It's amazing the conversations we can have with him.  I ask him what he did at school today and he tells me, "played with trucks in the sandbox.  Owen fell and got hurt.  Angie read a book (and then can tell me what the book was about)"  It's pretty neat hearing about his day from him.  Although, there is a downfall to all this talking... he's starting to make up stories!  Ahhhh -- every parents fear!  The other day when I picked him up from school his teacher told me that he kept telling her, "Mommy crying in bed."  Not sure where that came from - so when we got in the car I asked him if I was crying and he said, "Easton made mommy cry in bed!"  ha! What?!  No clue where that came from and it makes me nervous what else he's going to come up with!

He is pretty much officially potty trained.  He loves pull-ups so it's hard to convince him to wear "big boy underwear"  But he rarely has any accidents and he can hold his pee like it's nobody's business.  That kid goes for hours!  It's so nice not to be buying diapers all the time and to only use 1 pull-up a day! 

Easton is also going to make some woman very happy someday just by how observant he is.  He instantly notices if I got a hair cut, a new shirt, put a new decoration in the house.  It's awesome and he could teach his Dad a thing or two ;)  Hopefully he won't lose that trait!

We have been very busy around our house this summer.  Our big summer project this year was our patio.  We finally  got rid of our rotting deck and our brick paver patio.  Tearing all that apart was a nightmare.  Thankfully Jake had a friend that was willing to help so that was a huge bonus.  We put in an all cement patio and it is awesome.  It's all the same level and a big flat area where Easton can ride his bikes without having to worry about cars.  The biggest bonus... I'm not always wondering what little creatures are under the deck!  yuck! 

This is going to be one long post ... break time... more later.  With lots of pictures! 

No comments: