So it's been awhile since I've updated. The big news is that we're expecting our 2nd child! Needless to say things have been busy and I've been extremely exhausted so the last thing I can spend my energy on is this blog. But, I have finally found the time/energy! We find out in 3 weeks if we're having a boy or girl. We'll surprise ourselves and everyone else on Christmas with what we're having. The plan is to have the nurse write down what we're having on a sheet of paper - then we'll bring it with us to a store and pick out a girl item and a boy item and have the store clerk wrap whichever one matches what the nurse wrote. Then we'll open it on Christmas! Very excited about this! :) The baby is due sometime the week of May 12th. We'll set the c-section date in a few weeks. It's going to be very different to have it scheduled this time around. It can only go better than last time, right? I sure hope so! Easton is certain that he's going to have a sister. He wants to name "her" either "sissy" or "baby." It's pretty cute! He's also going to be switching bedrooms and will move into a queen size bed. Yes, a queen size bed for a 2 year old. Lucky kiddo. But, that is the size in our guest bedroom and I prefer not to put that bed in storage and I want to keep our other spare room a playroom.
The pregnancy has been going "ok" so far. I've been pretty nauseous and exhausted. I have anemia and very low blood pressure so the combination of having no energy and being light headed has made it pretty challenging. But, I'm hopefully that things will get better now that I'm in the 2nd trimester. It's definitely true when people say you "pop" earlier with your 2nd child. My belly is huge compared to when I was pregant with Easton.
Preschool has been going much better for Easton. Usually has 0-1 accidents a week so that is much much better than 5x/week. He is starting to talk much more when he's there and is playing with all his friends. This was definitely a tough transition for him but I'm glad he worked through it -- things like that are so tough when you're shy. He also has Spanish class 2x/week and he loves it. He likes to tell us what "hola" and "adios" mean. He's learned a lot so far too. He knows the days of the week, months of the year, seasons. It's so fun to hear all the things he learns. Although, with the good comes the bad. Bad habits also get picked up in preschool with the "that's mine, my turn, that's my spot" etc... etc...
He is VERY excited about Christmas and Santa Claus this year. Christmas is going to be so much fun this year! He already knows a couple Christmas songs and it helps him behave knowing Santa only brings presents to kids who are nice. Especially since we've been going through an intense version of "terrible twos." Which they need to rename. The word terrible does not do this justice. Poor kid just can't handle when he doesn't get his way. At least he's going through this now before the baby comes. Let's just hope it's over soon!
Well, that's all for now. Next update will probably be Christmas and how much fun Easton had with it. Along with finding out if the baby is a girl or boy!
Some fun pictures that Auntie Mandy took for us! So thankful for her amazing talents!










No comments:
Post a Comment