Well, we have officially gotten over the fear of getting out of bed when he wakes up. He's mastered that - especially at 5:45am ;) He's actually been pretty good about it. We had one slip-up when Charlie heard him open his bedroom door in the morning (which he wasn't used to) and Charlie took off down the hall barking and scared Easton. I've never heard him scream like that... I felt bad but we got over that one quickly. Our new challenge is actually going to bed. I've mentioned this before that he's a huge Mama's boy (which I normally love) but it's gotten quite out of hand lately. Dad isn't allowed to tuck him in, get him breakfast etc.. etc... I think part of this stems from me not being able to do as much with him (lift him up all the time, run races with him etc..) and he's getting really tired of me being pregnant (that makes two of us kiddo)! This just really worries us as I'll be able to do even less once the baby comes (at least for a few weeks while I heal)...which is why we're trying to get all of this managed before hand.
He's also been sick for over a week with a nasty, nasty cough and over the weekend had a bout of the stomach flu which I was lucky enough to get! This might be contributing to always wanting Mommy too. Cute story: We went to the doctor today and before we left Easton found a nickle and said he wanted to use this to pay the lady behind the computer. So, he guarded it with his life and when we got to the doctor he waited patiently his turn and then handed the lady his nickle to pay. It was so cute. The nurse was great and played along with it and gave him a receipt and let him sign his name on the credit card swiper. Now, if only it really did just cost us a nickle to go to the doctor ;)
Easton's latest and greatest achievement: He can spell his first name! :)
 |
| Easton wanted a big belly too |
 |
| Hanging out while we take maternity pictures |
 |
| A couple of signs from the nursery |
 |
| We have gone out to eat a few times lately and Easton finished all his food this time! |
 |
| Jakes has Easton do 10 push-ups before he gets ice cream (maybe this is why he's a mama's boy...haha just kidding) |
No comments:
Post a Comment