Sunday, March 2, 2014

Last post as a 2 year old

Can't believe Easton is going to be 3 next weekend.  Well, actually, yes I can.  He acts like he's 6 on most days.  Daycare/Preschool is going great!  (finally)  Although he has picked up some 'bad' habits from other kids that involve pretending he has a gun and shooting people dead.  His teachers are well aware of this and said they stop it whenever they hear it.  It's his "gang" of friends and I'm sure it's completely innocent - however, still very inappropriate for 3 years old because I'm sure he really has no idea what he's saying/doing.  My favorite part of the day is when I get to pick him up at school.  Every. Single. Day. he still runs up to me as fast as he can when we sees me and gives me a giant hug.  It's awesome.  :)

Some of his latest and greatest:

  • Counting to 10 in Spanish
  • Can write these letters: E, F, O, S, H, Q, T, A, I (random, I know... I'm sure he can write more but these are the ones he shows us).  
  • When he's talking to both Jake and I at the same time he'll call us "guys."  It's pretty funny and cute.  "Hey guys I want to watch a movie."  
  • Still obsessed with cars and trucks and wants to do nothing but play monster trucks and watch racing cars or monster jam on the tv.  
  • He loves to be in charge and tell us everything he wants to do.  He always ends these statements with saying, Okay?  "I'm going to let Charlie outside, Okay?"  "I'm going to wear this shirt, Okay Mom?"  
  • He is obsessed with racing us and winning.  We have to race him up the stairs, into the bathroom, into his bedroom, who can finish their food first, etc... etc...   And he is obsessed with winning.  We're working on being a good sport when he doesn't win.  That's a tough one.  
  • His good choices/behavior chart is working like a charm.  His tantrums are few and far between and he loves to earn stickers and jelly beans!  
  • He likes to say, "That happens sometimes."  For example, After he had soccer I asked him if he scored a goal and he said, "yeah but I missed the goal too.  That happens sometimes."  It's pretty cute.
  • He's finally getting out of bed on his own.  He wouldn't budge an inch out of his bed unless we were in his room.  He still wont get out unless we call for him and tell him to come into our room or downstairs but at least he's willing to get out of bed on his own.  (for those of you that don't know the reason behind this... it's pretty funny but at the same time Jake and I don't win 'Parent of the Year' award for this.  So, here's the story:  Easton has a video monitor that we can talk into and he hears it through the camera in his room.  Well, about 6-9 months ago he kept getting out of his bed one night and as we watched him get out one time I talked into the speaker and said, "Easton go back to bed."  Well, apparently hearing that scared the crap out of him and he came running out crying and has been scared that the speaker is going to talk to him anytime he gets out of bed.)  Now this has been great in the sense that we don't have to deal with him getting out of bed a million times a night but it puts a damper on nighttime potty training.  He's getting much better though...  thank goodness!  
  • He's very excited for his baby sister to come and can't wait to hold her and take her out of her crib on his own.  I told him he won't be able to reach and he showed me that if he pushes the ottoman over and climbs on that he can reach her and get her out.  Ooooh great!  ;)  He also was telling me that he has to hold her carefully and that if he drops her that she'll break and then we'll have to get a new one.  :)  Oh my, I'm glad he's excited but I don't think he quite get's how this all works!  haha
I'll update more after his big birthday next weekend.  Lots of celebrating to do!  Friday he has his party at school, Saturday will be his party with the Hemmah's and Sunday will be his party with the Guths!  And he made sure to tell me that after his birthday the Easter bunny will come!  

Baby update:  All is good on the baby front.  My belly is measuring big at 3 weeks ahead.  Doctor said we might do an ultrasound this week to see if she's a big baby or if I might have extra fluid or what.  That will help determine if we move up c-section date.  But as of right now it's still the same.  I failed my first gestational diabetes test and was pretty convinced I had it but I ended up passing my 3 hour test with flying colors so I was extremely happy about that (especially since we had just bought girlscout cookies)!!!  We have just about 10 weeks to go and nesting has kicked into high gear....just wish my body could handle all of the things I want to get done in one day.  Usually by the time Easton goes to bed my body can't quite take anymore and it's pretty painful to even walk.  Plus now I'm having lots of contractions which also makes it more painful to be cleaning, organizing etc...  We still haven't settled on a baby name - keep your votes coming! It's fun to see which ones people like.  We won't be deciding based on popular vote but it's still fun to see :) 

Jake and Easton getting creative as we battle freezing cold temps this winter

Easton taking pictures of himself on my phone :) 

New hair-do! Stud muffin! 

Reading with his cousins and Uncle Jake at Stella's birthday party! 

I found him in the bathroom standing on a stool and flexing saying, "I'm strong....grrrrrr!!!!!"


*Note to self:  Start using real camera instead of my phone so I can actually get some 'quality' pictures! 

No comments: