Tuesday, July 29, 2014

overflow of personality

Hilarious, strong willed, outgoing, curious, energy, wild, ... all things that describe Easton.  The list could go on and on.  Happy to say that his shyness is getting much better!  Sometimes he still is extremely shy but he is able to overcome it much quicker now than in the past.  This past weekend he was invited to his cousin Gretta's 5th birthday party.  I was so proud of him for being outgoing and not being shy at all.  He talked to all of the kids and was his crazy-silly self around them.  Although, he was 2 years younger than most of the kids so they didn't find what he had to talk about all that "cool" but it didn't phase him one bit - he still participated and had a blast with all of the kids.  Gretta's party was so much fun.  The kids rode ponies, painted ponies (like actually put paint on the ponies) and then washed them.  He had an absolute blast!

Some of the latest and greatest that has come out of Easton's mouth: 

"Dad is shrinking because he drinks too much."  - hahaha Easton is obsessed with growing big and so he always tells us he's bigger than us and this time he decided that Dad is shrinking.  I asked what he's drinking too much of and he said "water."  I was hoping he was going to say beer.  :) 

I was telling Jake the other day that one of these days he is going to come home and the animals are not going to be here anymore (they drive us crazy with their constant begging for food, shedding, barking etc...) and Easton overheard me and instantly cried, "no momma I need my animals I need a dog and a kitty"  This is funny because he never shows any 'love' towards the animals and sometimes acts more annoyed with them than I do.  Then continued to tell me, "Charlie and Milly are my best friends."  -- Oh great, how am I ever going to get rid of them now!?

He also loves to call people "poopy butt." haha I think it's pretty funny (yes, I'm as mature as a 3 year old boy) but I know others give me a look of disgust when they hear it.  Oh well, to each their own. He could be saying much worse things.  He's a boy who loves to talk about poop, pee, boogers, bugs, butts, super heros, etc.. etc... he even kissed a snake the other day.  Jake killed a snake in our yard and he turns his back for one second and Easton kissed it.  YUCK.  Yes, we did talk to him and told him we don't kiss snakes.  

Easton is really challenging us lately.  He just keeps pushing and pushing us to see how far we'll go and what he can get away with.  Hmmm, wonder where he got this strong, stubborn personality from?  I'm sure my parents are laughing... payback, huh?!  He does not listen to us worth a crap.  You should see our closet - it's full of his little gems.  When he's naughty (doesn't listen, hits Raya, yells, kicks etc.. etc..) he has to go sit in his room.  Well, 90% of the time he refuses to sit in his room...so when this happens he loses one of his favorites and it gets put on a top shelf in the closet until he can be nice and happy again.  This has been pretty challenging but we need to get this under control ASAP or we're all going to lose our minds!  Once he decides to snap out of his tantrum he can turn things around pretty quickly but boy oh boy 3 is a tough age!  I know a lot of this is coming from not getting 100% of our attention anymore - so he'll come around soon enough.  Jake and I are trying to get better at sharing attention as well.  

Singing Happy Birthday to Dad



So much fun at Gretta's 5th birthday party! 

Practicing phonics with Dad on the iPad

More pictures later -- My phone is broken so it won't turn on to upload them now.  

No comments: