Me: Easton, how was your day today?
E: Not good
Me: Why wasn't it good?
E: I went to the park by myself and there was a monster there. He put me up in a tree and I landed on a leaf. Then I turned into a monkey and sat on a branch. Then the monster put me on a rain cloud and I turned back into Easton. Then the cloud turned into a white cloud and I fell off and landed in a jar of peanut butter. (That's the short version...he went on forever after this).
Me: Ok, now Easton ask Dad how his day was.
E: No, I don't want to.
E: Mom, I want to talk more about how my day went.
E: continues on with monster story.
This kids imagination is so funny! He is so entertaining. He has been having some wild tantrums though. He's going to go back to daycare 3 days a week starting tomorrow. But this will only be for the next 3 weeks until I start back at work. I just feel as though I can't give him the attention he is starving for when I have to attend to Raya so much. I think it would be different if Raya didn't have reflux as there are days when I need to hold her all. day. long. Which means, no playing soccer and running around with Easton which is what he would do all. day. long. So, the lack of attention has turned into screaming, kicking, hitting fits. This has been a huge transition for him so I want to make sure he's getting the attention and activity that he needs during the day (I do have a large amount of mothers guilt with this but I know that he'll love going back to see his friends more).
This past weekend he also got to be in his very first parade. It was a kiddie superhero parade and you could ride your bike in it. Is there anything more fitting for this child? Absolutely not! So, he put on his superman shirt with his cape and loaded his bike in the truck. He had a great time! I think his favorite part was Mcgruf the police dog that walked in the parade. Easton waved at him every chance he could and kept asking why that dog has shoes on.
![]() |
| He chased down Mcgruf after the parade to get another wave. He said next time he wants to get a high five. |








No comments:
Post a Comment