Monday, December 29, 2014

Long-time-no-post

Wow, it's been awhile.   I don't even know where to start.

Easton has finished soccer.  He was definitely the start player on his team.  Most of the kids couldn't stay focused enough to play the game.  They'd go hide in the net or flop around on the floor pretending to be a fish.  All while Easton is scoring multiple goals each game!

School is going well for Easton still.  His teacher, Angie is leaving the center.  I'm so sad about this.  She has always been Easton's favorite and is such a good teacher.  She cried today when I picked up Easton as it was her last day with him since he only goes 1 day/week.  So grateful for her as she was pivotal in helping Easton with his tough transition into preschool.  I hope his new teacher is just as good.  Last night he told us he didn't want Greg to be his teacher because "he's grumpy." haha - that was the first time I've ever heard him say that about someone.  He's been breaking out all sorts of new words and phrases lately - it's pretty fun(ny).  When we were at church on Christmas, when we were walking out he looks at me and says, "Mom, I was the coolest one in church.  I had the fastest shoes.  I was the coolest one in church."  Today on the way home from school he asked why we live with him?  And then said, "to protect me from the shadows?" haha yup, you got it!

His tantrums are starting to lessen and he's starting to handle not getting his way a little better.  Thank goodness!  Although, now I will be home with both kids 3 days/week for the next couple of months while Gma Jodie and Gpa Dan are in Texas.

Easton got to participate in Mary and Eddie's wedding.  He pulled the aisle runner down for Auntie Mary to walk up on.  He did wonderful and was soooooooooooooo stinkin' handsome in this 'fancy clothes."  Auntie Mandy got some great photos of the kids all dressed up and they look good!  We had a lot of fun celebrating Mary and Eddie and are so grateful we were chosen to be in their wedding!

Christmas was good.  Our house is exploding with  toys... it's absolutely ridiculous!  Thank you to everyone for all of the gifts for the kids.  Jake and I are going to have to get creative with where to put it all.  Easton had a Christmas concert at school.  He did great singing all of his songs.  The boy next to him picked his nose the entire time.  So, that'll be a fun video to watch years from now ;)  Santa was also a t school that night and Easton was absolutely TERRIFIED of him.  Wouldn't go within 5 feet of him - even with Raya sitting on his lap.  We also went to see Santa at MOA - you make a 10 minute appointment and Santa takes pictures and plays with the kids.  He was scared at first but then opened up and talked to Santa and gave him high fives and a hug.  This time though - Raya was terrified.  Oh santa, why are you so scary looking?

We did Elf on the Shelf with Easton this year.  He named our Elf, Avery.  Hmm... I think someone is still bitter that we didn't name his sister, Avery.  Anyways, this elf only started to work after the elf left him money every time he stayed in bed at nap and bedtime.  Hey, whatever works!  This Christmas Elf is going to turn into a birthday Elf.  Avery is sticking around until Easton's birthday.  Then maybe he'll turn into the 4th of  July Elf and Labor day elf... you catch my drift!

Well, that's all that comes to mind right now.  Hopefully I'll post again sooner rather than later!


They both look so thrilled



Decorating the tree


Making a ginger bread house  with Mom




Kissing new cousin, Oscar

New race track from Santa

Leaving cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer 




The Fart Blaster - Thanks Jake and Mandy!  Now all I hear around my house is constant farting! ha! 



Hemmah grandkids 

Guth Grandkids ... adding 1 more in a month!  
Easton helped me put together bags for the homeless.  I see many homeless people with signs on the side of the road every day when I go to work.  We made bags for them with granola bars, pop tarts and hand/body warmers.  

Singing songs to Auntie Mary and Uncle Eddie while facetiming 

Facetime with the newlyweds on Christmas


Such gorgeous kiddos... I can't even stand it! 
My beautiful sister

Adorable! 

Good lookin' bunch

Love birds
*Yes, Mandy, I stole all of those wedding pictures from you!


No comments: