Music to my ears! Loved hearing those words come out of Easton's teacher's mouth today. We received his progress report today and he's doing phenomenal and she sang his praises about how she loves having him in class and that he's such a good listener and great example for the other kids. So relieved to know he doesn't throw his crazy tantrums when he's at school. Lucky for us that he saves them for home. Actually, it probably is lucky us. We'd probably get kicked out of daycare if he did that at school. She was also very surprised that he could recognize all his letters and numbers and knows what sound all the letters make. I refrained from telling her that he can read! Yes, my friends... we have a reader! He can read all of the flashcards Grandma Cathy made for him.... words such as: cat, ran, man, sat, fan, bag etc... He really amazes me!
Easton loves to test out "naughty" words like: stupid. It's pretty funny. And his favorite new word to say is "ridiculous." Out of the blue he'll say, "mom you're ridiculous" It's pretty funny, actually. I need to start using our video camera more so I can capture these moments. Sometimes I just sit back and watch him in amazement of how old he's getting..... and then my 30 seconds of la la land is over and it's back to feeding bottles, changing diapers, playing superheros etc.. etc...
Easton has had 2 weeks of soccer now. Last weekend was his first game. There is a girl on his team who kept giving him hugs during the game - it was pretty cute. I heard Easton tell her that he weighs 38 pounds. He's obsessed with getting big and must think that is how he can impress her! haha! Every day he weighs himself and checks how tall he is and every day he says, "Look how big I am, I'm almost a grown-up!"
 |
| Avery hugging Easton during the game |
 |
| Burning some energy on a cold day |
 |
| "Mom be quiet, I'm talking to God" |
 |
| snow surfing |
No comments:
Post a Comment