Thursday, January 22, 2015

Eating us out of house and home

Seriously, this kid can eat.  In fact, that's all he does.  All day, everyday.  I can't count the number of times I hear, "Mom, I'm STILL hungry!"  Although with as much as he's always on the move it's a good thing he's so hungry.

We signed Easton up for another session of soccer.  I'm a little torn on this though as he's the only one who listens... it's soooo frustrating.  They practice for the first 30 minutes and then are supposed to have a game the last 30 minutes.  Well, none of the other kids listen so Easton just stands around waiting for the other kids to stop acting like seals or come out from hiding in the net.  Last week he actually was the only one on his team to participate in the game portion so it was 1 on 3 and 1 on 4 the whole time.  Easton still managed to score 3 goals and the other team didn't score at all!  He's a superstar!  He's also gotten very good at skating and loves to go skating with Jake now that he can do it on his own.  He's such an athlete!  His new game at home to play is power rangers.  He told me he needs to practice so he can be a power ranger when we grows up.  Well this game just involves grunting and making karate chops at the other person.  He's such a boy.  All boy.  But he still has a soft spot for his Mama...love that!

School is going great.  His new teacher is actually one who has been there the whole time Easton has been at the center - so it's working out great.  She was actually the assistant infant teacher when he was a baby so she's known him since he was 3 months old. :)

Thanks to Grandma Cathy and her amazing ability to teach kids to read...he has turned into quite the reader! (see video below)  He amazes me with his smarts.  Yesterday out of the blue he told me that Condor birds are the most powerful birds in the world and they swoop down and grab fish out of the water with their claws. (although I'm sure this one has to do with watching tv... but at least he's learning while he's watching)!

He's still struggling with the whole attention thing.  Now that he's home with me more while Jake's parents are gone for a few months he's not recieving the one-on-one attention that he was getting used to.  It's good for him though - he needs to learn patience and how to entertain himself from time-to-time.  Plus, I'm pretty sure I probably tell him, "no" more often than the grandparents do.  :)

Funny story... I took Easton to target with me and I decided to just use a basket instead of a cart and Easton wanted to carry it.  So, we're walking down the aisle and he tells me he wants to carry it because, "I'm so strong and almost a grown up. Look at how tall I am, I'm almost to your boobs."  As he stops and reaches up and says, "these are your boobs, I'm almost as tall as them."  Oh my, I was so embarrassed!  People just laughed....  Oh, that kid!



Practicing to be a power ranger

Having fun with a visit from Auntie Mary

Taking a selfie 

We tried to have them take a bath together.  This did not go well.  We should have known better.  Raya slipped around and face planted it in the water.  


Peaking in the window while he plays outside on a beautiful day

Drawing a self-portrait

The finished product.  He even signed his name!  

No comments: