Today is Jake's birthday! Happy 33rd birthday!!! We celebrated right away this morning with breakfast, presents and birthday hats. Then we had another birthday celebration after work with more presents and cake with Grandma Jodie and Grandpa Dan and then Jake and I went out for dinner while they watched the kiddos. It amazed us how many people go out for dinner on a Tuesday night. I think I was more shocked by how many people were arriving at 7:30 pm and I was ready for bed. Man I feel old!
Easton continues to make us laugh all day every day. Most of it is probably inappropriate and we have to hide our laughter but man this kid is funny AND handful! We'll just go ahead and say he takes after his Father!
We have recently discovered that he gets motion sickness. Over the past 6 months or so we realized he gets sick in the car if he reads or watches movies (found out the hard way after puking in the car 3 times) but now after picking him up from school twice and he's white as a ghost and nauseous after being on the tire swing.... sad to say it's more than just car sick. Poor kid can't handle all the spinning and moving from the tire swing.
This summer he's been going to school 2x/week and then staying home with me and Raya the other days. I can't believe how fast this summer as gone. I'm already back to work in less than 2 weeks. then Easton AND Raya will be at school Tues, Wed, and Thursday every week. I told Easton he has to go down and visit Raya in her classroom everyday. My heart hurts thinking about her being at school but it does help knowing that Easton will be there for a friendly face everyday. I know he'll be more than happy to give her attention because when we pick him up Easton and 5 of his friends attack her with their dirty hands to say hello! He really loves his sister though. All day long all I hear his him call her, "sweetie" and "sweet heart" and say, "Raya is so sweet" or "she's the prettiest girl." Just melts my heart! But I have to remember to snap out of it quickly because as much as he loves her he sure doesn't want her stealing his trucks then it turns into an all out war between them!
Easton is still swimming (sinking). This boy must have weights tied to his ankles. He can actually swim pretty good doing back stroke etc... but when it comes to doggy paddle... he just sinks. haha... I don't know what it is. Hopefully soon he'll catch on!
Slowly but surely he's becoming more and more independent. His latest is that he likes to poor his own glass of milk. He also cleaned his room and made his bed this week by himself (for money, of course) but he actually did a really good job. I think it's time for him to do some daily chores around the house.
Well, that's all I have in me for now. This boy just continues to love to race (has to race and win at everything), loves to talk non-stop, is the loudest kid on the block, loves his sister, pushes his Mom and Dad's buttons non-stop, loves to eat, hates to sleep, loves to watch wild kratts and find strange things to watch on the iPad (the other day I realized I was listening to something in chinese and Easton ha been watching some strange thing on youtube in chinese... what? how does he even find these things? Good parenting right there... right!?)
![]() |
| Happy Birthday, Dad! You sure are old!! |
![]() |
| splash pad fun |
![]() |
| Lots of freedom when there are only about 5 people at the splash pad |




No comments:
Post a Comment