Wow, it has been a long time since I last posted. Probably the longest stretch since I started blogging for the kiddos "baby books" 5 years ago! So much has changed. First and formost I started back to work after 6 weeks off during the summer. That is always a tough transition for me. I love being able to spend all of that time with them. Raya also started going to daycare 3 days a week at this time. Mid-August we decided we were going to list our house to sell it. We have thought about this many times over the past couple years and have met with realtors but it was never a good time to sell with the market being so low - we just didn't want to lose out on so much money. Well, early August a house sold in our neighborhood in about a week and for more than asking price and so we thought we'd give it another try in hopes that the market would be back. So, we chose a realtor and decided to give it a try and list it for what we hoped to get. We repainted the entire upstairs.. huge task! Thanks to Jake's parents for helping us with this huge undertaking and to Jodie for the cleaning. The next step was for the photographer to come out and take pictures and hopefully have the house listed a few days later. Well, turns out - the guy who took the photo's fell in the love with the house and decided to buy it!!! It gets better... At asking price! .... wait for it.... AND they'd pay closing costs!!! Does it get any better? We thought we better list it anyways (we did go through all that trouble of getting it ready for showings) but after a couple showings in 2 days we decided enough was enough. Showings are an awful thing...why would we continue with them when the photographer gave us everything we wanted... let's accept their offer! And we did!!! So, that all happend in about 2 days. Then we were on the hunt for a house. We looked at about 25 houses in 7 days.... and not having much luck. We found one that we liked....but it didn't have my mudroom I wanted and laundry was all the way in the basement. But I was prepared to give that up because we did like the rest of the house. So, we were going to put in an offer after we showed our parents. Well, the parents quickly put the ka-bosh on that house. They then wanted to see another house that we LOVED but was about $20,000 over our budget. So, we showed them and Jake and I grew more and more frustrated that we weren't finding a house (remember, we had only been looking for houses for 1 week... but we like results.. and fast)! ha! :) So, we ran some numbers and decided to make our best offer on this house just to see what happens.... And guess what? They accepted!!! So, in 2 weeks time we sold our house and bought a new one! Now we have 26 days to pack our house and move to Shakopee! Also, while all of this was happening, Easton started a new school! My Mom discovered that Shakopee school district has an all day preschool for 4 year olds and it would save us money from what we pay for daycare! Yahoo!!
So, Easton started all day, every day pre school on September 7th. He did so great! I admit, I was so nervous for him to make this transition. Because we literally signed him up for this school on September 3rd and had 1 day warning for him to be done at his current daycare center. But he transitioned so well. While we were walking up to the building hist first day I looked down at him and his lips were quivering and his hands were litterally shaking and I'm pretty sure my heart shattered when I saw that. But we stayed with him until he was comfortable (only took a couple minutes) and it turns out he LOVES it. His Principal even called me the first day to tell me what a great day he is having! Next up, Raya's transition to her new daycare in Shakopee... then a week later we make the big move! So, excited!!!! The neighborhood we are moving to is much younger and we are really hoping that there will be plenty of kids for Easton to play with.
Recently, in the past week or so Easton has really startede to love playing with legos. He sets them up on the table and will build with them for hours. It's fabulous! :) I told him he's channeling his Uncle Eddie, who also loved to put lego sets together.
Easton is also one quick-witted child and loves to talk-back to us. We're trying to put an end to this ASAP but sometimes what he says back to us is just too funny. Jake was being stern with him the other night and said loudly, "Easton Thomas!" and without a second passing by Easton says back just as loud, "Jacob Hemmah!" I just about lost it... so funny! I was also telling him how big something was the other day and his response back to me was, "Jesus Christ" (Apparently Dad needs to watch his language more around Easton). I told him we don't say that and he asked why and I told him that's just like saying "Oh my God" (not gosh) and he quickly told me, 'I was just praying, Mom" haha oh my!
I took a picture of Easton on his first day of preschool and asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up and he told me a fireman. So, we took a picture of him with that quote. Well, on Thursday (2 days after being in school) he told me, "I changed my mind. I want to be a teacher when I grow up." So cute!
We had his pre-school open house on Wednesday too and his teacher said he's doing great (yes, I do realize it was only 2 days after school started). I was so happy to hear that. She said he interacts well with the other students and listens and participates. He also says he already has a best friend, "owen." Loved to hear that! :)
Well, that's all I have for now. I will update again with photos... as always! :)
 |
| Swimming lessons |
 |
| He's getting so good |
 |
| Practicing riding with no training wheels |
 |
| So bittersweet |
 |
| This boy loves his leggos |
 |
Thanks for the fun leggo set, Auntie Easton calls her, "my mary" It's adorable. |
 |
| Fire muster days |
 |
| He is pretty impressive on those roller blades |
 |
| Loves his puzzles too... and he's good at them like his Mary |
 |
| His locker at school |
 |
| Things just got real |
 |
| Sending notes to Eddie in heaven |
 |
| camping fun... looking for squirrels |
 |
| This boy has perfect form for a belly flop. |
 |
| So much fun |
 |
| Morning snuggles |
 |
| 1st day of pre-school. |
 |
| Wedding fun at Cousin Eric and Laura's wedding |
 |
| Wedding fun at Cousin Tim and Ashley's wedding |
No comments:
Post a Comment