Friday, May 11, 2012

14 months

Easton turned 14 months this week.  I know I say this every month but I just can't believe how fast he's grown up!  He weighs about 26 lbs now which makes it much more difficult to carry him around when he wants to be held...but that's how I get my work out in each day!  Plus I better cherish the moments he wants to be held while I still have them because they are few and far between these days!  He continues to be a great eater and if he could he would eat nothing but bananas and cooked carrots...he absolutely loves them!  

He still hasn't said much more for words other than Dad, Mama, Nana (banana) but he sure is babbling A LOT...we're not sure what he's saying but some day it'll come!  I try not to get to worried about it as boys tend to talk later than girls and he went a few months without hearing much of any thing with his ears being filled up with fluid.  Plus he understands most of what we say to him and likes to respond with shaking his head yes and/or no!  Lately he's also been using sign language when he want's "more."  It's so cute!  I was convinced day care must have been teaching him sign language because I only used that sign with him maybe 3 times and he picked up on it so quick and uses it all the time now.  I asked at daycare yesterday if they teach sign language and they said, "no, but I was the 4th parents to ask in the last few weeks because many of the babies have been using it."  So bizarre.  The kiddos must be teaching each other or something!  His daycare lady also told me yesterday that Easton is definitely ready to move into the toddler room and that he does great playing with the big kids and will line up with them to go outside.  So cute... but it's a little bittersweet having him move to the toddler room...sort of makes it official for me that he's no longer a baby.  The only thing I'm weary about is him sleeping on a cot for nap time when he moves into that room...he's a wild sleeper and will fall out of the cot, I'm sure.  But, we'll see how it goes when that time comes.  She also said that he just makes her laugh all day long because he'll mimic her coughing and yawning and answer her questions with head nods.... glad to hear we're not being totally biased when he say how funny he is! :)

No comments: