Monday, May 7, 2012

Florida Vacation!

We just returned from our family vacation to Sanibel Island, Florida.  My entire family (Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Sister-in-law and nieces) went and we had a great time and are so sad it's over.  Jake and I have been looking for jobs down there...I think we could seriously live there.  Maybe some day...  For now I'll just look forward to going back next year!  ;-) 

My biggest fear leading up to the trip was the plane ride with Easton.  Thinking about trying to keep him confined to a seat for 3 hours scared me as he does not sit still for 30 seconds.  He did great though.  Of course he had his moments but all-in-all I couldn't have asked for anything better.  He slept the majority of the trip down and about and hour on the way back.  :)

Most of our time was spent soaking up the sun and enjoying the slow paced island life.  We spent a lot of time at the pool and beach.  Easton wasn't too sure of the ocean up until almost our last day.  Then he loved it and would run, sit and splash in it.  Sanibel Island was pretty windy most of our days (which I guess is very unusual) so we took a quick drive to Captiva Island a couple times where it was very calm and you cold see tons of dolphins swimming along the shore.  Ahhh...what a life!

Here are some pictures from our trip: 
Gretta and Easton picking up shells together! 

Peek-a-boo

Building sand castles with Grandma and Grandpa

Holding on tight as we go in the ocean

High five

Loves to be chased!

Hanging out at the pool

Picture time on the beach with Auntie Mandy (her pictures will be MUCH better!) :)

Cutie pie

Blowing kisses

Wine and watching the sunset

My beautiful nieces

E and Daddy

Running through the water!

No comments: