We finally had a weekend full of nice weather and not rained out! It was perfect because it was a 3 day weekend for the 4th of July so it could't have been much better. On Friday we went to Zach and Kelsey's for the parade that goes through their small little town. Easton had a great time helping Zach feed the chickens, take a ride on Zach's lawnmower and a 4wheeler ride with Dad. He also just kicked back and relaxed during the parade and Grandma Jodie chased down all of his candy that was thrown at him. He was completely wiped out from a full day of fun and sun and no nap. So when we got home around 7 (bath time) we told him we were going to relax and watch a movie until fireworks time. Well, he was much too tired and had a complete meltdown so we just did bath and bed. Thank goodness because we were also very tired. I was going to take him to fireworks and Jake was going to stay with Raya. I was secretly happy I didn't need to stay up until 11. He didn't miss watching them at all so it didn't end up being a big deal. Plus we're going to fireworks again in a few weeks for firemuster days.
Saturday and Sunday were spent at home. We set up the pool and had a bonfire and roasted hotdogs for dinner and smores for dessert. Easton liked it for about 5 minutes but then he had better things to do like ride his 4wheeler (see below) and play soccer (always). Jake and I enjoyed it...I think Raya did too as she slept through the whole thing. Easton also said his first swearword during the fire (thanks to Jake). Easton wanted to take pictures with our camera so he was holding it and Jake was roasting the hot dogs. Well, Jake dropped a hotdog on the ground at the exact same time Easton dropped the camera. Out of Jake's mouth comes, "oh Sh*t!" Well, at the same time out of Easton's mouth comes, "oh sh*t!" It was pretty funny but neither Jake or I could react or else we'd probably be hearing that on a daily basis from him. But seriously, little kids swearing is hilarious! Don't worry, this isn't something I'll condone... but I will not deny how funny it is when it happens.
I wish I could just record everything that Easton says on a daily basis. Some of the things that comes out of his mouth is hilarious. Last night after Jake tucked him in we were sitting in the living room and we hear, "Hey Guys, I have a booger." After we didn't respond a few seconds go by and louder he yells, "Guys, I have a booger on my finger!!"
Over the weekend I mentioned how much taller Raya is getting and Easton got SO EXCITED and says, "Yay, now she can wear my clothes!!!"
 |
| Taking a break from the bonfire to go for a ride |
 |
| Fun in the sprinkler |
 |
| waving his flag he got from neighbor Shelly |
 |
| Picnic outside with Mom (I think he looks like Uncle Jake when he was younger in this picture) |
 |
| yummm |
 |
| Roasting hotdogs with Dad |
 |
| Roasting marshmallows with Mom |
 |
| This is what he does when he wants my undivided attention |
 |
| Peace |
 |
| Shark rides in the pool |
 |
| smores... except he didn't like it. What the heck... |
 |
| squirt gun wars with Dad |
No comments:
Post a Comment