Wednesday, September 10, 2014

"Glute"

We're trying an experiment with Easton.  We're going gluten free to see if it helps with his horrible, horrible tantrums.  So far, we're on day 3 and he's like a new child.  Not sure if it's a coincidence as it was like a switch went off  the first day but we'll see how it goes.  There hasn't been any tantrums and he listens more.  It's amazing.  The downfall is going to be daycare where it's almost certain he'll get gluten.  We'll see if I can get my act together to pack breakfast, lunch and snack for those days.  Sounds horrible though.  When I told Easton that he wasn't going to have gluten any more this was his response...as he's almost in tears, "Mom, I can have glute.  I can eat bread. I love jelly swamwhiches"  At some point I must have told him that bread has gluten but the best part is that he calls it "glute."  So, now Easton and I are on the same diet. I'm going gluten free and we're both dairy free.  I have to say though - the other night I made some delicious dairy free and gluten free brownies.  So, it's not that bad!  Easton and I have also eaten 2 boxes of chex cereal in 2 days (yes, 2 boxes in 2 days).  It's gluten free and they make this delicious (im sure full of sugar) cinnamin kind and we just down in for snack time.  I really need to stock up on other DF and GF snacks.

More pictures to come later... here's a few for now:

Fire truck parade over the weekend.  He's in heaven.

Yum

He has mowed every single time Jake mows for the past 2 years.  Simply adorable.

Practicing reading
Running in sprinkler with no clothes.  Notice he's running in the opposite direction of the water.  He's such a goof.  

No comments: