Monday, March 30, 2015

How big? How long? I'm bigger? I'm stronger? How old?

These are the questions we hear CONSTANTLY these days.  No, seriously, constantly!  On the way to target yesterday I don't think he stopped asking those questions...  How big is that tree? Am I bigger?  How much bigger?  How old is that tree? Like forty hundred? Am I going to get bigger than that tree?  When I'm 9 will I be bigger than stella and gretta?  When will I be bigger than them?  How fast are you going? Like thirty hundred and one?  When will I be older than Dad?  Am I stronger than Dad?  Am I faster than Dad?  How much faster?

Seriously, non-stop.  Needless to say he's obsessed with how big, fast, strong things are and with how much time things are going to take.  If he has to take a break (time out) "do I need to sit here FOREVER? How long?  Like 20?  Like thirty hundred and one (that's his favorite)?"

We thought he asked a lot of questions before... I don't think he even lets us answer 1 of the questions before he moves on to the next now.

Easton had his first Emergency Room visit (because of an injury...this was actually his 3rd ER visit) on Sunday evening.  We were eating dinner and he was squirming on the stools (because lets face it, he can never sit completely still) and the stool tipped over and he landed on top of it sideways and hit his mouth on the corner of the stool.  He ended up ripping his maxillary frenum (the tissue between your upper gum and lip). It was bleeding pretty bad and looked nasty.  I looked at it 1 time and got super queezy (good thing I never pursued a medical career... seriously, couldn't even look a 2nd time to see how bad it was... thought I'd puke).  We weren't sure if this was something that needed to be stitched back together so we spent what I'm sure will be hundreds of dollars to tell us there's nothing they can do.  They did give us penicillin so it doesn't get infected though.  I'm just happy that's all it was though and no teeth were knocked out or anything.  He was pretty brave - he was more worried they were going to give him shots because he was at the doctor earlier in the week for his kindergarten shots and he was  NOT a fan of those.  On the way home he asked why the doctor didn't use a hammer on him.  I asked a hammer?  And he said, yeah, on my knees. :)

Easton went to his first hockey game the other weekend with Jake at the xcel center.  He loved it!  He said he took Dad on a date and paid for it.  Then he asked why we didn't go to a hockey game on our date.  He said next time he'll take me to a hockey game instead of the movies.  I think Dad's date beat out mine!

Working out with Mom.  He loves it and has done it every day since.  I on the other hand, have not.  

Hockey game and smoothie with Dad

Punching bag from Zach and Kelsey

"cheers to Eddie" - Jake is sipping (gagging) on Eddie's scotch.  
Learning to dive at swimming.  He's getting pretty good and not drinking and choking on the water anymore!

Hanging out in the ER

"Mom, I'm pretending I'm riding in an ambulance."

Ice cream treat when we got home from the ER (since the dr. said no crunchy food) ;)

No comments: