To say we're busy is the biggest understatment of the year. From 6am-8/9pm we are in high gear at our house. That's 15 hours of driving in the fast lane...Sure, we stop at a rest stop occasionally during nap times but that time is often used to quickly do dishes, shower, or eat. I often find myself having this conversation in my head, "ugh, the house is so messy. I need to dust but first I need to vaccuum so that I can wash the floors after the kids have gone to bed. Oh, I forgot to do the laundry. I really need to deep clean this house. I have to remember to get that spider web when I vaccuum" This goes on much longer but I'll spare you. Most often I convince myself that all that house work can wait. Easton and Raya are not going to remember if there were dirty dishes in the sink or if the playroom wasn't picked up (that's why it's a playroom so it can stay messy) BUT they will remember playing games and having fun with Mom and they would remember if Mom always said "no, I have to clean!" So, of course I choose to play and make memories with my little loves. They grow up so fast. So cliche but so true. Another reason I am thankful for my job so that I can spend a few weeks each summer all day/every day with them. Now, don't think I'm super Mom or not living in reality. OF COURSE there are days when bedtime can't come soon enough or when Mom just needs a break (even if it's locking the bathroom door while I pee so I don't get interrupted for 2 minutes...yes, I count that as a break). But, we all need those in order to stay good parents. And yes, I do clean my house ... it's just not always spotless ;)
Here's to messy houses, happy kids, soccer, hockey, baseball, car races, swinging, puzzles, books and all the other things happening between 6am and 9pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment